Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are You Currently Special?
09-06-2015, 12:40 AM
Big Grin Are You Currently Special?
by Stuart Lisonbee

There is something that I've mentioned on a few occasions here on this website, as well as in-the Doba newsletter. In-fact, it had been one of the 1st things I discussed shortly after joining Doba a couple of years ago.

It's always worth discussing again, though I have discussed this before.

I want you to ask yourself a question relating to your business. Are you currently unique? And what's special about you or your business?

If some body were to ask me that sam-e question in relation to Doba, I would say that you can expect use of more vendors and more items than any fall shipping service.

This thing about your business is what marketers reference as your unique selling proposition, or USP (I covered this in part in the June 2004 issue of our publication, and referred to it as the unique selling point in the October 2004 issue).

Your unique trying to sell proposal is the way you separate yourselfin the eyes of your customersfrom your competition. For extra information, you are able to view at: visit site. Basically, it is the reason you give your web visitors to buy from you as opposed to the opposition. Dig up more on our affiliated essay by visiting ledified fundable.

Just what exactly is the unique attempting to sell proposition? If you have not offered it any thought before, what would you like it to be? If you said, 'To really have the overall lowest price,' you should do more thinking. That's among the worst USP's you might possibly have.

Getting the lowest price only means you make less money, and your bottom line is affected more than just by that cut in profit. It affects all areas of your business, like the failure to offer good customer care (as you can't afford it), produce new and innovative methods to your site, conduct usability tests, and so forth. Your business will start to appear more and more just like a fly-by-night store rather than a company that can instill trust in its customers.

There's no-way around it. Running a business costs money. Running a business well costs much more money. Do not let your business go under attempting to function as low price leader. Rather, find a unique attempting to sell proposition for your business and do that something better than anybody else, or better yet be the only person that actually does it!

Here's a personal example of the unique selling proposition I came up with when I ran a retail computer company. My USP was to offer home delivery and setup of recently purchased computers. Browse this link the infographic to discover when to look at this concept. More over, I would offer on-site tech support.

I never did it because it simply cost an excessive amount of. The answer was to demand for this. But I never did that because I did not think that anyone would purchase it. In a world where every computer supplier provided free support over-the phone, why would anyone be willing to purchase on-site support?

Well, have you ever been aware of Geek Squad? The leaders of Geek Squad had exactly the same idea I had. The difference is they actually implemented their thought. Now they're managing a successful and successful business. And a big reason for their success is they found an original attempting to sell proposition that might raise them above your competitors.

The training here: don't forget to be unique! Accept your appearance and watch your business grow.

Read some great examples of companies that have successfully marketed their USP..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply